I would like to promote the writing of Pantagraph writer and
blogger, Jim Benson. He is the beat writer for many sports around the
Bloomington/ Normal area. The one sport that I really follow that he happens to
write about is the Illinois State University Men’s Basketball team. I follow
his writings because I happen to be a student assistant to the basketball
program. I follow what he writes to see if what he is saying is actually the
truth and to see whether or not what coaches say to the press is pretty much
true or way off. Jim Benson is very dedicated to his work and is very passionate
about what he does. For example, last year when the university was in the
process of hiring a new basketball coach because former coach, Tim Jankovich ,
left for Southern Methodist University to become the coach in waiting behind
Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown, Jim thought he knew and was going to be the
first one to break who was going to become the next head coach at Illinois
State. But really, what happened was that he got erroneous information from an “inside
source” and happened to make a fool of himself and wrote a big apology article.
So I respect what he does work wise because he is hard working and very
dedicated, but I think he should be more patient when it comes to writing
articles. The Pantagraph “network” is small and less credible compared to
someone writing for ESPN or Sports Illustrated.
No comments:
Post a Comment